Wednesday 6 February 2013

Review: Love Story by Erich Segal



"Love means never having to say you're sorry" 


How this book came to me? 

Today I left my college early as I was done with my exam. I had more than enuf time to pick up kids from school, almost 2 1/2 hour. I stepped in the library and randomly picked this one and started reading without wasting time. 

The very first sentence itself gave away the ending of the book, "What can u say about a twenty-five-year-old girl who died?" and of course I do wanted to know what had happened in between. Its just 130 pages and finished in less than 2 hrs. 

My Thought:

This love story is no different than any other love story. A typical love story where two college mates, date and fell in love and against all odds, gets married. Face all the life challenges together and sails through the turbulent times. When the time comes for them to live happily ever after, the "Death" calls. 

But the way Erich has portrayed the two characters is amazing. You almost yourself experience love, despair and evrything else that Oliver faces and overcomes. 

Being in relationship and being in love is two different things. This story make u feel that love is true, it does exist, and its so beautiful. This is a must read for those who want to know the difference between casual romance and pure love. 





3 comments:

  1. I remember the movie. Never read the book. Now I would like to read the book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was a college student in 1970, I read this while taking the shuttle bus home. A male student sat next to me. He said, "Don't read the ending while you are on the shuttle bus...it will make you cry." He was rather disappointed that I didn't.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I'm a new follower from Book Blogs! Check out my blog here Bookish Whimsy, and hopefully you would like to follow back. :)

    I've heard of this story! I'm glad to read your review because it definitely makes me want to check it out.

    ReplyDelete