Friday 12 April 2013

Review: The Twelve by Justin Cronin





Hardcover: 568 pages
Published: October 16th 2012 by The Random House Publishing Group
ISBN: 0345504984 (ISBN13: 9780345504982)
edition language:  English
original title: The Twelve
series: The Passage #2

Goodreads Review: 

At the end of The Passage, the great viral plague had left a small group of survivors clinging to life amidst a world transformed into a nightmare. In the second volume of this epic trilogy, this same group of survivors, led by the mysterious, charismatic Amy, go on the attack, leading an insurrection against the virals: the first offensives of the Second Viral War.

To do this, they must infiltrate a dozen hives, each presided over by one of the original Twelve. Their secret weapon: Alicia, transformed at the end of book one into a half human, half viral—but whose side, in the end, is she really on?

My Thoughts: 

I read The Passage #1, the first book in this series a month ago and m glad i didnt had to wait too long for The Twelve #2, the second book in his trilogy. The third one is coming in 2014 "The City of Mirrors" his final book. I would encourage u all to read the book #1 first and then continue to #2 cuz the way the two books are carried and continued is amazing. Its epic, plot, character, and the history. 

I dont easily rate a book to 5 until it call me for a nail-biting stand. The Twelve falls in this catagory. In the story, there came a point where i literally screamed and was cursing the characters and woke my husband up while my head was still in the book and in a loud voice said, "ouch !! look at this son of a **** ."  not realising that it was 3 in the morning. I hope the final installment will blow me away like the previous two did. 


Happy Reading !! 






1 comment:

  1. I've been eyeing the first book at my library for quite a while. Your glowing review has convinced me to add this series to my TBR list!
    -Ethan
    http://e135-abookaweek.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete