Monday 25 July 2011

A Beautiful Morning Story to Learn From


Holy Book is very huge. So why we read the Holy Book, even if we can't understand it? Here is a story that tells you why :

An old farmer lived on a farm in the mountains with his young grandson. Each morning, Grandpa was up early s...itting at the kitchen table reading his Holy Book.

His grandson wanted to be just like him and tried to imitate him in every way he could.

One day the grandson asked, "Grandpa! I try to read the Holy Book just like you but I don't understand it, and what I do understand, I forget as soon as I close the book. What good does reading the Holy Book do?"

The Grandfather quietly turned from putting coal in the stove and replied, "Take this coal basket down to the river and bring me back a basket of water."

The boy did as he was told, but all the water leaked out before he got back to the house.

The grandfather laughed and said, "You'll have to move a little faster next time," and sent him back to the river with the basket to try again.

This time the boy ran faster, but again the basket was empty before here turned home. Out of breath, he told his grandfather that it was impossible to carry water in a basket, and he went to get a bucket instead.

The old man said, "I don't want a bucket of water; I want a basket of water. You're just not trying hard enough," and he went out the door to watch the boy try again.

At this point, the boy knew it was impossible, but he wanted to show his grandfather that even if he ran as fast as he could, the water would leak out before he got back to the house. The boy again dipped the basket into river and ran hard, but when he reached his grandfather the basket was again empty.

Out of breath, he said, "SEE.... it is useless!"

"So you think it is useless?" The old man said, "Look at the basket."

The boy looked at the basket and for the first time realized that the basket was different. It had been transformed from a dirty old coal basket and was now clean, inside and out.

"Son, that's what happens when you read the Holy Book. You might not understand or remember everything, but when you read it, you will be changed, inside and out. That is the work of GOD in our lives."

This is beautiful story - Can't say when it might inspire one.

9 comments:

  1. Good choice. Well worth the recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. David Knight has a new book called I Am I: The In-dweller of your Heart, which is inspirational like the blog you just posted. He has a wonderful inspirational blog: http://www.ascentionforyou.com/blog that has uplifting messages. He also has an amazing contest that you can enter and win a Kindle or one of two $50.00 Amazon gift certificates and other prizes valuable to authors. You can get one or many entries depending if you are willing to help David with his launch. If you knew him you would want to help. He is a kind, gentle man.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this lovely story/blog. I loved it!
    susan: gardenofedenblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can hardly stop

    Was I so dirty inside that it took and takes so much to keep me clean? I was raised in a Church, Baptized at Baptist Church, filled with the Holy Ghost at a Non-Denominational Church, Bible College graduate, traveled in Praise and Worship Ministry with my second wife, took a seven week extended course of Clinical Pastoral Education C.P.E.

    Became a Chaplain and I am still trying to figure out what a Chaplain is, became an author of 12 books some of which is on my blog, became a Public Speaker like Jesus who did not have a Church and not much financial support from the people He ministered to, He never asked for an offering, paid taxes his taxes from what a fish brought Him.

    And this is the sum total net result? I don’t remember anymore than the average person? I know few Chapter and verses I can site? My straw bucket is empty and I keep running back for more water.

    But when I start writing or talking I can hardly stop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome, absolutely love it!

    I followed your blog, and would love it if you would do the same for our review blog, Novels At Night
    http://novelsatnight.blogspot.com

    Thanks so much! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a truly beautiful story.. very enlightning

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for this great idea. I hope you will love to write a review for my book someday...

    ReplyDelete