Wednesday 18 January 2012

Did You Help Someone Today?

     Wherever u live, wherever u go, there r people who need your help: the elderly man or lady who can't rake the leaves or wash the car, that kid who just fell off his bike and looks hurt, the mother who needs someone to watch her kids so she can run to the grocery store. Isn't there something you can do? Not for money, but just that you're a nice person u have a big heart. You can make an unforgettable difference in someone's life, by giving just a little of your time and energy. And the person u helped will never forget it.

     I remember this thing happened with me years ago when my mother-in-law was in hospital for her knee surgery. I used to go every afternoon to accompany her for lunch. I have my coffee n she has her lunch n we chat. I noticed, there was this very old lady in her late 80's next to her bed. She had lunch in front of her but was not able to eat coz of all those antibiotics passing her veins from her right hand. She was looking here n there to find  Nurse so she cud help but as usual, when u need help u'll never find it. So minutes later I went up to her n asked her, "Wud u mind if I feed u?" She said, "i really appreciate if u don't have problem." .....

    
     Couple of days ago I got a message from a dear friend of mine that his Uncle met with a severe accident. Nuthing I cud do but Pray n next day I got the message that he is fine now n surgery was successful. What else I wanted to hear !! There is a saying which goes, "You are always there at a place, at a given time, for a REASON."
     It's so easy to get lost in our own little worlds, worrying abt our own problems. You can do better than that.Take a minute to look around you and notice other people. You have the power to reach out, to care. Use it to help others, and let others help you when u need it. That's what we're here for.    

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you that it is important to do nice things for others. Sometimes it is a smile, or words of encouragement. Other times people need more from us. Today I look back and I only did some small things for others- but I shared what I had and tried to make a few lives a little easier. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete