I sometimes run into people who tell me that their best creative days are behind them -- that they could have accomplished great things if only they had started sooner and that they are "too old" to take on a big, hairy project.
If you have any doubt, check this list below to get a whiff of what some extraordinary people accomplished late in life.
You may not be a Michelangelo or Stradivarius, but so what? You can still accomplish miracles. All you need to do is BEGIN .
1. Grandma Moses started painting when she was 64.
2. Michelangelo designed the dome in St. Peter's Basilica between the ages of 72-88.
3. Stradivarius fashioned his two most famous violins when he was in his early 90's.
4. Mahatma Ghandi successfully completed negotiations for Britain to grant India's independence at the age of 77.
5.Nelson Mandela was inaugerated as the President of South Africa at the age of 75.
6. Pablo Picasso produced a remarkable sereis of 347 etchings at the age of 86.
All examples excerpted from The Creative Age by Gene Cohen. Great book.